-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AV quarenteen

  • From: "DH (Rick) Holmes" <hayvan2@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 20:03:44 +1300

I did  not intend that meaning, no.  But if you get a virus that becomed
resident in your sysrest files,  the only way to rid those files of that
virus is to disable SystemRestore.  This inevitably means that you lose
all of the 'footprints' that SysRest has made. This aspect is the
disadvantage, but after disabling and doing a scan, be sure to
immediately create a new footprint in System Restore. I have used
SysRest many times in WinMe particularly and to my entire satisfaction.
But disabling IMHO should only be of a temporary nature, and on
reactivation set a new footprint.

HTH

Rick H