-=PCTechTalk=- Re: -+AD0-PCTechTalk+AD0-- Re: Full Screen Mode Default Setting - REPLY TO PLEA FOR HELP

  • From: GuitarMan <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 18:17:16 -0400

Lil,
    Thank you VERY much!  This makes perfect sense, even though it's in
"geek".      lol

    The numbers we need are in the middle section.  I've retyped them below
for David's use.

2C 00 00 00 02 00 00 00
03 00 00 FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF
FF FF FF FF 04 01 00 00
A0 00 00 00 A6 04 00 00
84 03 00 00

David,
    Close any and all instances of IE before you begin any of this.  Also,
all of the 0's in the values are zeros, not the letter O.

    When you open up Regedit and go back to this key (it may open up with
the right key already located), double click on the "Window_Placement" entry
to open it for editing.  Notice that the cursor is blinking at the top, left
corner of the middle set of hexadecimal numbers.  After writing them all
down (just the middle set), press and hold the Delete key on your keyboard
to wipe out what's already there.  Notice that the right side characters
also disappear.  That's because each of the hex numbers represent one of the
characters to the right.  Once the entire area is clear, you can start
typing in these new hex values.  Of course, you'll want to be extremely
careful that you type them in correctly since one mistake can have
completely unknown consequences (it may not do anything, but it might also
cause IE to be larger than your screen or smaller than any other window
you've ever seen     lol).  Once all of the numbers have been entered, make
sure you're left with 5 rows of 8 values followed by a single row of 4
values (for a total of 44 values).  Triple check the values against what's
above in this post and then, when you're absolutely certain that everything
is correct, click on the Ok button and close regedit.  Finally, reboot your
system before opening up IE.

    If all goes well, your browser will open up in a mode other than
fullscreen.  You should then resize it and then Maximize it again to make
sure all works as expected.  Of course, if it still opens in fullscreen, let
us know and we'll see if there's anything else we can try.         :O)

Peace,
GMan