-=PCTechTalk=- Re: A few more memory questions plz

  • From: "Larry Southerland"<larrysoutherland@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 19:07:19 -0400

Funny you should mention some of what you did.  Take a look at this article:

Would you run a ten year old OS?

Last week, we provided a link to a ZDNet poll asking if you could see
yourself still running XP in the year 2014 (six years from now). The results
are in, and almost half (48%) of respondents said yes to running an OS that
will be, at that time, more than ten years old. You can read more about the
poll here:
http://www.wxpnews.com/UK4C38/080506-ZDNet-Poll

The author of the article makes a big point that one of the main reasons to
move to Vista (or a 64-bit system) is the ability to address more RAM -- ah,
the freedom of 8 Megs of RAM, he waxes...  I can remember when writing code
that would run in very little ram with very little system demands was
considered one of the primary goals in coding.  ;-)