-=PCTechTalk=- Re: A conflict with ZoneAlar

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2004 20:39:27 -0700 (PDT)

Cris,
Go to Start, Accoricies, Command Prompt.  In the Command Prompt window, type
chkdsk /?  and press Enter.  This will give you all the options for Check Disk.
 I would just type chkdsk /f and press Enter.  The computer will appear to do
somethings and then you will get a prompt telling you that chkdsk cannot run at
this time do you want it to run the next time you boot?  I would select no.
Type an N and press Enter.  Then type Exit and press Enter to close the
Commmand Prompt window.  If you did have check diek set to run at boot, this
should disable the setting.  Also the latest version of ZA claims to have
corrected the problem with scandisk, by this I assume they also mean check disk
in XP.
Dave

From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: A conflict with ZoneAlar
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2004 08:47:22 -0400

Dave,
where would I check this setting?
I didn't notice if it scanned last night when I re-booted, but it rebooted in
'record' time this time. I walked away, assuming it would take its hour to 4,
and I walked by a short time later, and it was re-booted!
Cris