-=PCTechTalk=- Re: A conflict with ZoneAlar

  • From: "David F. Wooledge" <wooledge001@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "@freelistts PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 20:17:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi, I have Zone Alarm 5.1.011.000 Which I downloaded and installed yesterday.
I have been using the various versions of 5 since it came out and have had no
problems.  Scan Disk has a setting telling it to run every time the computer is
started.  I think that somewhere this setting got turned on for you and that is
why it runs every time you boot up.  I do not think the problem is a conflict
with Zone Alarm, unless Zone Alarm is what changed the setting.
Dave

From: "cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: AND NOW FOR TODAY'S TIP... A conflict with ZoneAlar
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2004 10:16:23 -0400

if the fix is only a few days away, I'll sit tight here. If it is longer, I'll
have to go back to the old zone alarm...although, it isn't scanning for as long
a time period now. still scans for at least an hour though.
Cris