-=PCTechTalk=- Re: 4 everybody who lives outside exUSSR

  • From: Master NetLord <NetLord@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 22:43:36 -0400

Linda,

Fair question............

I would contact the social services department where I lived.  Almost all of
them will provide training for free (including computer training).  If that
didn't work, I'd try either local schools or the Library.  Another thought
would be to buy the software from a used software store.....where i could
legally buy an older version for pennies on the dollar.  Lastly, I ask to use
the friends computer rather than ask my friend to be an participant to stealing
software.  After all, what kind of friend would I be if I asked my friend to
steal for me??

To be clear, we're not talking about trial software, or even MP3 files where
someone own's a file and gives it away.  I've tried many a software program --
I do it all the time.  There is a significant difference between "trying
software" with the intent to purchase it after a reasonable period of testing,
and knowingly hacking software to circumvent the registration......or buying
software that is known to be illegally copied, as the original poster
suggested.  Doing the latter is NOT legal, or morally justified, particularly
for the reason given.....they can't afford it and still go drinking and buy
music????

Anyway, I suspect talking this issue will only serve to annoy people.  I
suppose I should be a good moderator and stop preaching and move the topic back
to computer and software issues <G>  I will say that you will not find any
software on my computers that is not either legal trial software, or registered
software.  The only exception I have is MP3 files.  I personally believe there
is much room for interpretation on that issue, and so do many others.  FRankly,
If I download an MP3 file and like it, I buy the album (and others by the
artist).  If I don't like their music, I dump the MP3 files.

Regards from the
"Keyboard Cowboy",
Master NetLord
,,,,,