-=PCTechTalk=- Quicken Backup

  • From: "Glo" <redowl@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 04:40:35 -0700

Hello Tom, if you're here, I followed your instructions on making the
Quicken Backup first to a folder on my desktop, then copied that folder to a
CD.  In trying to see if it worked, I checked the desktop folder and the CD
and they both said 'unable to open files', so I'm thinking maybe these files
can't be looked at unless they're restored, is that correct?  When I open
the folder it shows that all the separate files that make up Quicken are
there, but when I click on the data files it brings up a screen that wants
you to open a new account, which I'm thinking w/b the restored  data (?).
The CD does the same thing.  So when I see that everything is there as far
as all the files go, do I just assume that it's a copy of my original
Quicken data?  Or should I be able to see what's in there?  TIA ~Glo