-=PCTechTalk=- QuickTime

  • From: Beverly Hahn <bhahn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 May 2008 00:27:34 -0400

Dear Guitar Man,

As usual--SNAFU!  I thought I followed all directions just as you
outlined.  However, now when I try to open Firefox I get this message:
"Firefox is already running, but is not responding.  To open a new
window, you must first close the existing Firefox process, or restart
your system."   I have restarted my system (rebooted) and have only
opened my server connection and tried to open Firefox (and now
Thunderbird).  I do not see anything else  running.  AND, the QuickTime
icon is still in my launch area of my task bar!  Everything is still
there except the player, picture viewer and info, as before I deleted
those plugins from the Mozilla  folder.  Also, I have a QT folder with
plugins, etc., in my Explore program files folder.

What now???  Really, I did print out your message and followed it step
by step!

Thanks.
Beverly

PS:  In Application Data/Mozilla, I have two subfolders now:  Firefox
(with a WordPerfect file, pluginreg, and a Notepad file, profiles) and
Profiles (with all the stuff that appeared to be in the old default
folder--I deleted the old default folders after dragging to the new
profile folder-- plus the new default folder and its files).