-=PCTechTalk=- Questions -OE stationery - applet

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2005 08:42:34 -0400

anyone have any thoughts on this?

Okay, this person in a friend's stationery groups has
started sending in
stationery made with applets. The first time my friend opens
the message it
works just fine. Strangely, if she closes the post and opens
it again she
gets a web page that pops up--
http://www.seeq.com/popupwrapper.jsp?referrer=&domain=spigots.com .
This
will continue to happen until she empties her temporary
internet files
folder and starts over.

Also, if I she uses the up and down arrows to scroll through
several
messages this post opens without the webpage coming up. It
seems that
clicking on it after it has been opened before actually
triggers a link to
that page somehow.

So far, everyone that she has asked about this say they
either don't even
get the applet or they don't get the web page. She suspects
some sort of
trojan and would like to warn the lady if that is the case,
but doesn't want
to insult someone who is posting something legitimate.

This website that opens is not the server that the one
sending the
stationery with applets uses to send posts to the Yahoo
group.

Cris