-=PCTechTalk=- Program Recommendation

  • From: David Weaver <djweaver.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 11:17:35 -0500

Looking for a freeware program that compares two to three text files.
Specifically the text files in question are php files for a plugin I am
working on for Wordpress.  I would like the program to point out the
differences.  Somewhere I made an error in different places and I'm
trying to find out where, and wordpad isn't cutting it.

Need to be able to have all three versions up and viewable, because the
first version of the file works, but the two newer versions don't and
I'm unsure why, and comparing them in two separate windows isn't
working, at least not easily.  Would like the program to work without
installing it, but will install if necessary.

Dave.