-=PCTechTalk=- Phones

  • From: "Cajun" <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 16:28:50 -0500

My 11 year old Sony cordless got zapped in the storm last night when the
electricity went out at my house (I wasn't home) and I'd like some opinions on
a replacement.  The Spread Spectrum Frequency Hopping feature for privacy on
the newer digital 2.4 and 5.8 GHz phones appeals to me, But I have read that
these digital phones simply do not have the sound clarity that an analog 900
Mhz has.  I read one review where a guy wrote in and said the sound was bad on
both ends of his conversation when using the 2.4 Ghz digital cordless, and the
person he was speaking to claimed to hear a low-level humming that went away as
soon as he switched to the 900 MHz analog phone.  I've also read that the 2.4
and 5.8 Ghz phones can interfere with a home network.
Any and all comments are welcome on any aspect of these phones.  Please direct
emails to me privately (cajun@xxxxxxxxx) as well as the list since I receive
the digest and don't want to wait to hear comments.  I need to do something
pretty quick.  : )

   )
 (