-=PCTechTalk=- Part 3 of ???

  • From: Gman <guitar.pctech@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk Group <FreeLists>" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 18:17:03 -0400

4. And the portableapps.bat would like this:
echo off
roboform executable
aSuite executable
exit

    I would prefer to actually see an executable file's name in place of
these (for those who are just learning about this stuff for the first time),
but this does describe the idea well for those who understand the
difference.  For anyone trying to make heads or tails out of this, you would
actually see something like "roboform.exe" as the second line above and
perhaps "aSuite.exe -s" as the third.  the first and fourth lines would look
exactly as they appear above.  Also note that I arbitrarily added that '-s'
switch at the end of the aSuite example just to show that switches can be
used within batch (.bat) files.  I have no idea if that is an actual switch
that would be recognized by the aSuite.exe file.  Finally, I also have to
add that these two executable files must be within the same folder as the
.bat file for this to work.        :O)

5. This paragraph was left blank accidently

    This comment on the blank paragraph has been filled in on purpose.