-=PCTechTalk=- PC CAM 600 was Flux sound

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 15:54:27 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <dktrfaustus@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, April 15, 2005 3:57 AM
Subject: -=PCTechTalk=- Re: Speaker volume fluctuating

> I've been using Creative products since the days of 8-bit ISA cards,
> and over the years their products have got progressively worse.

Have you (or anyone else) ever used the PC-CAM 600 webcam.  Under Windows
98SE/WinME
it works GREAT!  I really love it.  Used it as a webcam and also as a
picture camera... took it every where and took tons of great pictures.

When I upgraded to a machine with XP on it though the drivers simply would
not work right.  Constantly being told "New hardware found"  "New Hardware
successfully installed" but camera would not work and every rebooot went
through the same routine.

Creative was no help at all.

Updating the driver to the so-called XP driver was no help.

Any one got any ideas?

Don