-=PCTechTalk=- Opera V 8.51

  • From: The Keyboard Cowboy <KBCowboy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <NNga@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 22:02:20 -0500

I've been using a browser shell for a long time called Avant.  I like it
because it has tabs, and other features that IE doesn't have.  I also run
FireFox.......Moox (before he took a vacation)...and IE itself.  I recently
downloaded the new version Opera (V 8.51) as I'd heard a couple of good
comments on it.  I used it years ago but have not had it loaded for some time
now.
V 8.51 is truly a Gem!  It has tabbed windows, and quite a few other nice
additions.  It loads fast, has webMail, manages bookmarks better, and is truly
an improvement over the competition.  It also features photo sharing, chat, and
many other things *if you want them*.  If not, you aren't bogged down with
"stuff" in your browser layout.  Of course, you can use custom skins and color
arrangements.  Lastly, I'd notice Avant had begun to slowdown capturing URLs
for my URL manager.  Opera is slick and fast with the URL manager program.  If
you like to experiment with new programs, give it a try.

http://www.opera.com/

   Regards from

 Bob -- the "Keyboard Cowboy",
           ,,,,,,,,
          Ô¿Ô¬
 Cincinnati, Ohio - Scottsdale, Arizona
 Sunday, 1/8/2006, @ 9:51:18 PM EST
 Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak; courage is also what it takes
to sit down and listen.

 -- Sir Winston Churchill