-=PCTechTalk=- New Mod - Cris

  • From: "Cris" <cris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Feb 2005 10:34:40 -0500

Hello everyone!
I was asked to introduce myself, so I'll try to do that!!

The first thing I want to say about myself, is to talk about
my name!!
My given name is Cristy - no 'h', no 'ie' at the end !! Even
my husband laughs now because
everyone wants to spell it different than what it is!! I'm
not a Christine either!! <grin>
We do have a gal on the list who goes by Cristy - I started
to go by Cris on lists a good while ago, so when you see my
name spelled without an 'h', I didn't spell my name wrong!!!
We also have a Chris on this list - with an h. The address
(for the time being) that I use for PCTech is my cris@
address. This is my oldest address, and the address that I
get spam to, so at some point, I may change it.

As I mentioned my husband in the above paragraph, you will
realize that I am the only woman in the Mod-Squad, hense,
the diversity that The Keyboard Cowboy referred to!! Oh no,
am I in trouble now!!!

I don't have any real computer talents - I am far from a
techie. I am known around here (I'm in Pennsylvania) by my
friends, as the person to call if their computer's are
polluted with viruses and spyware. I've spent hours and
hours and more hours on my one friend's family's computers!
hers, her sister's and her step mom's!! I just hope that I
taught them enough to keep them clean so they don't get to
that point again!!
 I was so excited when we got our first computer. It was a
25 mhz Tandy, and I think it had a 1 gb hard drive! Maybe it
had a 2 gb! My love for years was creating Outlook Express
Stationery. I took an HTML class, and got burned out, and
haven't made a stationery since. I'm trying to forget (and
doing a good job!) everything that I knew about it! I am a
mother of 2. My daughter is a senior in high school, and
will be leaving for college next year, and my son is 23 and
still living at home. He wants to move, we're ready for him
to move - but neither he nor his girlfriend (fiancée) can
afford to move out on their own!

I think this is more than enough about me! <grin>

Cris