-=PCTechTalk=- MyDoom.B update

  • From: "Mike" <mikebike@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 19:52:02 -0800

Virus ALLERT My Doom.b

The new version contains minimal technical innovations.
Mydoom.b also spreads via email and the KaZaA file-sharing network.
The email contains a different set of text strings in the body.
The carrier file is about 28 KB in size and contains the text string:
(sync-1.01; andy; I'm just doing my job, nothing personal, sorry)

Mydoom.b is scheduled to launch a DoS attack between
February 1 and February 12 2004 on two web sites:
www.sco.com and www.microsoft.com.

Moreover, the worm modifies the operating system to prevent users
from reaching many anti-virus vendors' sites, security-related news
sites and various sections of the Microsoft site, as well as downloading
data from banner networks.

See also;
My page; http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/MyDoom-B%20worm.html

Computer Associates;
http://www3.ca.com/virusinfo/virus.aspx?ID=38114
Kaspersky:
http://www.viruslist.com/eng/viruslist.html?id=850737
Sophos:
http://www.sophos.com/virusinfo/analyses/w32mydoomb.html
Symantec:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.novarg.b@xxxxxxx
US CERT Technical Alert TA04-028A;
http://www.us-cert.gov/cas/techalerts/TA04-028A.html

http://www3.telus.net/mikebike
<http://www3.telus.net/mikebike/mikes_virus_page.htm>
A Technical Support Alliance & OWTA Charter Member