-=PCTechTalk=- Laptop Modem - Conexant-Ambit

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 14:48:23 EST

Hello all,
     I have a laptop that reboots periodically while I'm online.  Upon reboot
I get the "send report" screen.  I've never sent the report before, but today
I tried it.  It sends me to the following websites, saying I need an update
for my modem.  The first website says my crash problem is likely due to needing
a driver update.

     My caution is, I'm running XP Home on a clone PC and the website says I
need to download and install a driver update from a LINUX site.
     Belarc says I have a;
Conexant-Ambit V.90 (V.92) SoftK56 MDC Modem 1394 Net Adapter.

     I've downloaded two of the zip files, but wanted to check with the group
before I installed anything.  My question is, which driver update, if any
should I install.

Request any assistance,

Thanks,

HB

Microsoft Online Crash Analysis - Response
http://oca.microsoft.com/en/Response.asp?SID=32

Modem Driver Assistance
http://www.conexant.com/support/md_driverassistance.html