-=PCTechTalk=- Is 98 better than XP?

  • From: "Glenn Folkvord (Hyperion Media)" <glenn@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 17:56:01 +0200

Hey,

I had an argument today with one of my business partners about wether Win XP
is a better OS than 98. I said XP was better, because that is my own
experience as well as what I perceive to be the consensus from other users.
My friend said 98 was better for sound and multimedia because:

You get more and better drivers for it
It's less likely to crash when playing multimedia
XP isnt as compatible with many drivers as 98
XP is heavier on the system and is therefore more likely to crash

Anyone have some "scientific" explanations of why XP would be better than
98, or vice versa?

thanks,
glenn