-=PCTechTalk=- ISA sound card problems

  • From: "Rose" <Rose1701@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:03:45 -0500

I recently purchased an ISA Sound Pro HT 1869v+ Sound Card.  I have
tried to install it in two different PC's.  The one I bought it for is a
Pentium 166.  I am getting it ready for my 76 year old mother so she can
have email.  I am running Windows 98se and have tried three different
ISA slots.  I kept getting errors about BIOS not giving the right
resource information or something like that.  So I finally switched the
sound card from my Pent II, 233 and put that one in the Pent 166.  It
works fine.  That is also ISA.  I put the new ISA card in the Pent II
and I can get all the drivers to install but when I go to device manager
I have an exclamation mark inside a yellow circle beside External Midi
(MPU401) device.  When I check properties I find this, The device is
either not present, not working properly, or does not have all the
drivers installed. (Code 24)

I have searched for updated drivers but so far nothing has worked.  Any
suggestions?

Rose