-=PCTechTalk=- IDE2 & IDE3 Connectors on new build

  • From: "Cajun" <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:48:18 -0500

I have not tried swapping the cables, but they are the same brand and type
cable (both new) and each set of peripherals works on the cable they are on
IDE1.
Yes, this is a RAID motherboard, but I am not running a RAID configuration and
I am not running an SATA hard drive at this time.  I have no intentions of
running RAID.

No, I do not have "Onboard H/W Raid" enabled on the motherboard because I'm not
using a RAID setup.  Does it have to be enabled anyway?  I thought that
enabling it would cause it to look for a RAID setup and I was afraid it would
attempt to set up one whether I wanted it or not.  I only have one hard drive
in it right now and that's an IDE drive.  I've never had a motherboard with
Raid and SATA capabilities, so I don't know what to expect from those
functions.  My gut feeling is that Raid and SATA settings are somehow
interfering.  In the BIOS I have SATA Raid/AHCI Mode disabled and On-Chip SATA
Mode set to Auto.

dj