-=PCTechTalk=- How does it work?

  • From: <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2008 13:30:00 -0400

I have set up the same fileserver system that Gman uses.  I would like some of
the more adventurous ones here to visit and try it out as a test.
Please click here:

http://68.202.35.131:7000/

In the root are five files.... sample pictures that XP loads on every computer.
 Please download one or two.

Then click to open desktop wallpaper folder and download 1 or 2 files from there

Then click the UP link and click to Wallpaper pictures folder and download 1 or
2 files from there

Then click the UP link again and click to open the upload folder.  The username
is "PCTT" and the password is "fileserver" (without the quotes).

One download folder is a "virtual" folder and the other is a "real" folder.  I
would like to know if you experience any significant difference between the
downloads.  The upload folder is password protected so I can test my ability to
properly configure that feature.

If you encounter any problems or have any questions, I would appreciate your
comments . . .  to the group or privately (dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx)

I'll keep it online til at least sometime tonight.  Probably late (EST).

Thanks for sharing this adventure with me,

Don