-=PCTechTalk=- Help - Spell Checker for OE

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 16:02:08 -0700

Hi all,

I have a fairly new computer and has to do a system recovery.  I 'thought I
had spell checking before, but now..I do not.

I have Microsoft Works 7.0 on my computer, but I do not have spell checking
in OE.  The help file says it needs Word.  I do not remember having word
before and I know I had spell checking.  Shouldn't Works 7 have the spell
checking for OE?

Any help here?

Also, my fuzzy brain tells me that about six months or so ago..maybe longer?
someone was saying there is a free spell checker you can install to do spell
checking in OE?  Does anyone know what this is and where to find it?

I just did a search with Copernic and found:
Spell Checker for OE
There was a link on the ZDnet oops!  G4 Tech TV-  Call for Help site that
also lead to this program.
http://www.geocities.com/vampirefo/

FileForum - Spell Checker for OE 2.1 Freeware
http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/1040780059/1

Free Spell
http://hcidesign.com/freespell/

Does anyone have any experience with any of these programs?  Any
recommendations..these..or other programs.

And my number one question still is...shouldn't Spell Checking, F7, work in
OE if you have Works 7?

Thanks in advance for any help  you can give me.

Rose
Las Vegas