-=PCTechTalk=- Help! Can't Defrag!

  • From: "Cajun" <cajun@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 22:08:14 -0600

Zat, my hard drive is an IBM Deskstar 13.4GB, and I have 4GB free.  I
downloaded and installed the Drive Fitness Test, ran both the quick test and
the thorough test, and it found no errors.  I tried to run Norton's SpeedDisk
again, but it found the 9 lost clusters again, would not fix them, and would
not run SpeedDisk because of them.  Then I ran Windows ScanDisk.  It ran for a
long time.  Then I ran Norton's SpeedDisk again and it defragged without
forcing me to go to Disk Doctor to fix lost clusters.  This happened last month
also, so it will probably happen again.
dj