-=PCTechTalk=- Fw: Resource hog?

  • From: "Michael Scott" <conrod@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctechtalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 19:55:19 +1030

Hello Group,

Just been sitting in the background for a while, but have enjoyed everyone's
point of view on a variety of subjects.

Ad-Aware SE......is this a resource hog? I am still in the dark ages with HAL,
running 98SE  120mb RAM.

I love the program but since loading it sloooowww is what I have. Apart from
that my ISP is about to get an earful. I am getting the chop more than the
local butcher and each reconnection is costing money.......... that's apart
from the frustration of downloading 180 of 181 emails, then dropping out and
starting again.

I deleted my old connection and found a connection for something named "NV"
which had a dial up number 555-555. I know I didn't put it there.  Any clues.?
Tried several times to do an online scan for nasties but can't stay on long
enough. Any pearls of wisdom will be appreciated,

Lyn
Checked by AVG Anti-Virus.