-=PCTechTalk=- Dual boot doesn't.

  • From: <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 22:43:29 -0400

My computer had XP Home installed on one physical drive and XP Pro on another
(C: and D: respectively).   XP Pro was the default system it booted too unless
I selected Home.
I put my XP Pro install in and proceeded to do a clean install on C: after
formatting and partitioning it into two 80 GB drives.

Now, it boots only to the new XP Pro installation.  When I F12 and select the
other drive to boot to it gives an error message and asks me to press F?? to
retry or F?? to enter setup.

I swapped cables around and it still boots to the new install.

I suspect the dual boot info was stored on drive C: and was lost when it was
partitioned reformatted.  Or the dual boot info became useless when one of the
boot drives was partitioned.

Is there any way of getting the system to boot to the OLD XP short of removing
the drive with the new install from the machine?

Don