-=PCTechTalk=- Backing up one's bookmarks in Firefox 2 before upgrading to Version 3.0

  • From: Gman <gman.pctt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCTechTalk Group <FreeLists>" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 13:42:23 -0400

Larry,
    All bookmarks are contained within a single file called bookmarks.html
that can be found at:
C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application
Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\2lqqzbva.default, with that last folder
generated with random characters.  Just make yourself a copy of that one
file to back them up.

    Just to be on the safe side, back up more than just your bookmarks.
Note that these are not being suggested as migration tools.  They can be
used to fully reconstruct your older 2.x version should you ever decide to
revert back to it.

http://www.mozbackup.org/