-=PCTechTalk=- Anyone know anything bout this? Incredimail

  • From: " milady" <kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pctecktalk" <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 13:57:43 -0700

I tried to do a look up in various places concerning legends... nothing. I
don't use this but the person who posted this to a list is known not to
research before posting....
I know some people here use this so what's the ups and downs of it??
ML
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The information below is from Cloudeight InfoAve newsletter I received.
This information is fact and I thought I would share with anyone that might
have or might get Incredimail.
I do not use it  glad now that I find this out!!!

Be careful!!!

Sandra Asks About Incredimail
I am thinking of downloading Incredimail and was wondering if you can tell
me what you think about it? I am fairly new to computers so your advise
would be very welcome. Keep up the good work as your information has helped
me out lots of times. Thank you Sandra.

Answer
We don't believe any company making an email program has any right to track
your email, including date, time, the number of times you use the email
program, the "pictures you used" the time and date you send email, and then
store this information on a server located in a foreign country. Unless
you're familiar with the privacy and security laws of other countries you're
taking the follow risks:

1. That the only data collected by Incredimail is what they say they
collect:
Since they openly admit they collect some information about the email you
send, including the number of emails you send, time and date, etc. that
means a data collection and transmission mechanism is installed.
Theoretically, with such a link between your computer and their server they
could collect any information you enter into you email program including the
contents of your email message. We're not saying they will do this, we're
saying when tracking mechanisms are installed the instrumentality for
tracking is in place.

2. The data that is collected may be stored on servers located in the
country in which Incredimail is based
This means your data, while collected in the United States, Britain,
Australia, or wherever you live is transmitted to and stored on servers
located in Israel. Are you familiar with the privacy and security laws in
Israel? Are they more strict or less strict than your country?

Incredimail is located in Israel. If Israel is not where you live and you're
not familiar with the security and privacy laws in the country where your
information is most likely being stored, you should consider carefully
whether you want to agree to the collection and storage of ANY information
from you.

We do not agree with some of their marketing techniques. For example, when
you visit their main site, there is no indication that there is anything to
pay for. They don't indicate that the "free" version of Incredimail is
adware; they don't indicate that the free version of Incredimail inserts a
rather ugly advertisement at the bottom of every email you send (but you
don't see it, only your recipient does). They make claims on their site that
are not substantiated in the "Full Privacy Policy" which contains several
questionable clauses like the one below:

"CONSENT TO PROCESSING
Users, including without limitation, Users in the European Union, fully
understand and unambiguously consent to the collection and processing of
their personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information,
in the United States. "

While this questionable clause appears in their "full privacy policy" it
does not appear in the short "Summary Privacy Policy" and is contradictory
to their claim that they do not collect any personally identifiable
information. One wonders why they go to great lengths to bury this clause
deep in their full privacy policy.

See for yourself -

Here's a link to their "Summary" Privacy Policy

Here's a link to their "Full Privacy Policy"

You will notice that the "summary" is approximately 777 words long and tells
you what you want to hear. The "Full Privacy Policy" (the actual legal
agreement you're bound to) is over twice as long. Remember you're legally
bound to the long version and to the End User License Agreement (not posted
on their Web site).

We hope the information presented will help you make an informed decision as
to whether or not you want to install this program. As noted above, there
are security and privacy issues that are not fully explained, you're
allowing a foreign company to track certain behaviors of yours, and you are
trusting they will not violate their own promises.

      Single women  Thread insert  Woman perfume