-=PCTechTalk=- Anyone Notice Lately?

  • From: David Weaver <djweaver.groups@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 08 Feb 2009 20:30:37 -0500

I've had two updates that caused a similar problems on two different
computers and an old command line utility solved them both.

The first update caused btkrnl.sys (unsure of spelling but the legit
bluetooth kernel for XP) to loop causing the system to constantly
reboot. after the update

The second update after I rebooted would get past the login screen and
then just shut down.  Couldn't boot into safe mode, nothing.  PIA.

CHKDSK /R took care of them both.  Couldn't believe it.  DOS to the
rescue.  And who says God doesn't exist?

Dave