-=PCTechTalk=- AVG Problems

  • From: Suzanne Dunlap <sdunlap3@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2005 05:51:45 -0400

I changed my settings yesterday to be able to download the update manually
on the AVG site, now when I try to check for updates, I get the message "The
user disconnected the modem - or other connecting device". I am on AOL. When
I right click on properties in the AVG Update Manager, the settings are
Update immediately, Require confirmation from user, and all three items
below that have check marks. Yesterday I unchecked the top one following
someone's advice for picking up the manual update.
 Sue