-=PCTechTalk=-

  • From: knighthawk2 <knighthawk2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 13:39:44 -0600

Hello all

I have a comp that had a dual boot system on it. Win98se was installed on
the main drive C directory and Win2000 was installed on the slave drive D
directory. The slave quit on me so I replaced it with a new 80 gig drive
and I did not bother reinstalling Win2000 on it. (never used it anyway) I
still have the bootup selector come up when the machine first boots and if
I miss it the comp tries to boot to 2000 by default. You then have to
Control-Alt-Delete your way out and start over. I was wondering if anyone
knows how I can get rid of this thing or at least set Win98se as the
default selection. I found out the hard (very hard) way that simply
deleting it is not the answer and I can't seem to find anything
understandable or logical on google so now I am bothering you all with it.

Thanks
James