[Paws On Wheels] Transport update (3/1-3/2) and STL Foster Plea

  • From: Paws On Wheels Transports <pawsonwheels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pawsonwheels@xxxxxxxxx" <pawsonwheels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2014 11:32:38 -0800 (PST)

After watching the weather all week we have made the following decisions
regarding transport in an effort to keep everyone safe yet keep the backlog of
passengers from growing too much hopefully.

All legs from Oklahoma City to Iowa/Minnesota are cancelled for this week.

The legs from Altus to St. Louis will run for any passengers that we can find a
foster for in STL for a week (plus Mister who exits transport in St. Louis).
The STL to Chicago area legs will be cancelled.   Thank you to the overnighters
of Penny, Baby, Dorie, Austin, Boomer, and Allie who have already committed to
holding them in St. Louis for a week.

We have 2 adults and 7 young pups who can travel to St. Louis if we can find
fosters for them.  Dallas, McKenzie, and Mckenzie's 7 weaned pups (they are
only 7 weeks old so while they don't have to be fostered together they must
cross state lines with McKenzie).  If you can help foster any of these
passengers in the St. Louis area please let us know.

Passenger 14
Name: McKenzie
Breed: Pit mix
Age :  2-3yr
Weight :  50lbs
Sex :  Female
Altered : No, recently weaned puppies, will be completed by rescue. Do not
crate with her puppies.
UTD :  Yes
Quarantine: Never in shelter
Concerns: NONE
Joins Transport in:  Tulsa, OK
Leaves Transport in:  Bolingbrook, IL
Coming From:  Bartlesville Area Rescue, Emily Frey,
BartlesvilleAreaRescue@xxxxxxxxx

Passenger 15-21
Name:  Grover, Spot, Casanova, Hank, Baron, Boomerang and Miss Bliss
(McKenzie’s pups)
Breed:  boxer/pit mix
Age:   7 weeks
Weight: 8lbs
Sex:  5 males, 2 females
Altered:  No, will be completed by rescue.
UTD:  Yes
Quarantine date: Never in Shelter

Concerns:  NO PAWS ON GROUND. Keep separate from momma MacKenzie, they will
travel in a provided crate with the following dimensions
35Lx24Wx27H crate.
Joins Transport in:  Tulsa, OK
Leaves Transport in:  Bolingbrook, IL
Coming From:  Bartlesville Area Rescue, Emily Frey,
BartlesvilleAreaRescue@xxxxxxxxx

Passenger 22
Name:  Dallas
Breed:  Lab mix
Age:  3 years
Weight: 50 lbs
Sex:  Male
Altered:  No, will be completed by rescue
UTD:  Yes
Quarantine date: Never in Shelter
Concerns: NONE
Joins Transport in:  Tulsa, OK
Leaves Transport in: Bolingbrook, IL
Coming From:  Friends of Mannford Animal Shelter, Kelli Leech & Portia
Smietanski

Paws On Wheels Transports
Sara, Emily, Lisa, Teri, and Connie