[Paws On Wheels] IMPORTANT FRANTIC FRIDAY UPDATE!! Altus, OK to KS/IA/MN/MO/IL/IN/OH~~March 23rd-24th

  • From: Paws On Wheels Transports <pawsonwheels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pawsonwheels@xxxxxxxxx" <pawsonwheels@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:21:31 -0700 (PDT)

As we look ahead to the projected weather this weekend we have some obvious
concerns.  We also have some concerns over entirely cancelling this week’s
transport entirely as we have many dogs in foster to quarantine before
transport and 10+ tagged at Altus AC still that we need local fosters open to
be able to move them to pre transport quarantine.  To add to concerns next
weekend is Easter and while we would prefer no transport at all we are leaning
towards trying to have a smaller Friday/Saturday run Easter weekend for those
in Altus area fosters that must be moved next weekend (some fosters signed up
for two weeks with other plans after those two weeks dictating the animals must
move).  At this time we would like to move only the St. Louis/St. Charles bound
passengers this weekend (Betty Crocker, BC’s four puppies, Carson, Maggie,
Daisy, and possibly Chevy).  The legs still needed have been updated here but
not yet on the Sign Up Genius.
 This weekend we will be building run sheets for 3/29-3/30 and 4/6-4/7 to try
to get a jump on what will be a bigger run the first weekend of April.
Is there anyone between OKC and KC that would be interested in fostering
Tristan and Isolde the schnauzers for a week or two to make room for their
local foster to pull a family from the Mangum shelter (a small town near Altus
that has been somewhat taken under the Altus umbrella)?  We may have some other
foster needs between OKC  and St. Louis as we notify everyone with non-altus
passengers of the delay.

This week's transport will be headed to Richfield, MN, St. Louis, MO, St.
Charles, MO, LaSalle, IL, Bolingbrook, IL, North Barington, IL, and Medina, OH.
 All non St. Louis area locations have been cancelled due to weather.

The passenger list can be found at (not yet updated to reflect weather related
cancellations):
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fYMyYFus3UphFTiqo_6K3aUw9Dsb7m9gJzVvjF1291c/edit?usp=sharing

The Sign Up Genius run sheet to sign up at can be found at (not yet updated to
reflect weather related cancellations):
http://www.signupgenius.com/go/30E044DAFA92EA13-paws5

The legs still in need for this run are listed below, the number in ( ) is the
number of passengers still needing a ride on each leg (Sign Up Genius has not
yet been updated to reflect the weather delayed passengers).

Saturday March 23rd:
Leg 5: Joplin, MO to Springfield, MO (75 miles)  3:30PM - 4:50PM  (2)
Leg 6: Springfield, MO to Rolla, MO (109 miles)  5:05PM - 6:50PM  (4)
Leg 7: Rolla, MO to St. Louis, MO (Valley Park) (86 miles)  7:05PM - 8:30PM  (5)

Leg 6MN: Emporia, Ks to Overland Park, KS (101 miles)  4:20PM - 6:00PM  (2,
possibly, pending foster for two schnauzers as noted above)

Paws On Wheels Transports
Sara, Emily, Lisa, and Elif