[pasteurstation] "Better Send Us Some Ships"

  • From: Rayne McCloud <raynemccld@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasteurstation@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2010 21:16:43 -0400

ON

    "Captain," Lt. Commander Hanna said, approaching Rayne in C & C.  "Here are the latest listening station reports.  You aren't going to like them."
    Rayne took the reports and started looking over the data.  He tossed trhe report onto the console.
    "Sector 742?" the station's CO inquired.  "Now they're in Sector 742?"
    "I'm afraid so," Hanna said with a grimace.
    "Where's Dauntless? Can we send her over there?"
    "They are about fifteen minutes out," Hanna reported.  "But, they are returning with Commodore Fyrstk's kids aboard.  I don't think we want to send them over..."
    "No, you're right," Rayne conceded.  "Bownes.  Raise the Eagle for me."
    "Aye, Captain," the communications officer acknowledged.  It took almost two minutes.  "Captain Marqusa, sir."
    Rayne looked up to the screen.  "Captain. Good to see you again.
    On the screen Captain Gwen Marqusa stood.  "Nice to see you Captain. Wish we had better news."
    "Have you heard back from Commodore Fyrstk yet?" Rayne inquired.
    "Last thing we received was an image of the Firegon fleet massing."
    Rayne's eyebrows shot up.  "A fleet? Where at?"
    "I'll have my Ops officer retransmit the image to you," Gwen returned.  She motioned for their OPS officer to send the information.
    it took a moment for the information to be transmitted.  Rayne saw the data come up on his screen.  He looked at the image of the Firegon fleet, and an approximate location for it.  "I will send this back to Command. I have something I need you to check out."
    "Hopefully not another exploding Firegon ship," Marqusa said.
    "I'm not sure what that means," Rayne commented to her, a slight look of confusion,  "but in Sector 742, which is SUPPOSED to be our space, the listening post has detected a lot of Firegon traffic."
    "Acknowledged," Gwen answered. "We'll take a look."
    Thanks, Gwen. I will have Pathfinder and Dauntless, both on standby, but that is the best help I can give you at this time."
    "We'll let you know what we find."
    "Good luck, Captain. Pasteur out." Rayne turned back to Hanna. "Send the data on the Firegon fleet off to Command.  They better send us some ships."

OFF
Captain Rayne McCloud
Commanding officer.