[passcoalition] Re: FW: 7th Avenue/23rd Street

  • From: Annalyn <acourtneyb@xxxxxxx>
  • To: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 21:32:00 -0500 (EST)

I have looked at both versions of the proposal and do not see any differences.
The diagram on page five looks the same and does not indicate that APS, or as
they say audible signals, will be installed.  Page nine on both proposals lists
four benefits of the changes.  The third benefit Provides two green pedestrian
refuge islands is a real concern for me.  If this means DOT intends to paint
the street green, as they have done at other pedestrian plazas, it will be
meaningless for all blind and visually impaired travelers.  We must push for
the need to research to determine what material should be used and how it
should be used to provide a textured warning.

My number one intersection for APS is 24th Street and 3rd Avenue, the west
crosswalk.

Annalyn

From: karen.gourgey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: oandmhk@xxxxxxx
CC: passcoalition@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [passcoalition] FW: 7th Avenue/23rd Street
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2011 20:32:06 +0000

Hi All,

Gene and Analynn,

Can you tell from the attached PowerPoint whether our suggestions re 7th and
23rd are included in this updated presentation?

Thanks.

Karen

Karen Luxton Gourgey Ed.D., Director
Computer Center for Visually Impaired People
Baruch College, City University of New York
One Bernard Baruch Way, Box H-0648
New York, NY 10010
Phone: (646) 312-1426