[pasmembers] amazing video of 2012 DA14

  • From: LPhxAZ <lphxaz@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "List Serv" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 08:21:32 -0700

this was taken by an Australian photographer

http://vimeo.com/59831086

original caption as I received it was:

?*NIGHT WANDERERS*
Colin Legg has taken an incredible video here capturing not only asteroid DA14
but also some other goodies along the way. Not surprisingly, this has made
EarthSky today!

Colin said, "I captured this footage starting 3.24 am from a dark sky site 350
km east of Perth. Just after camera rolling, a beautiful meteor burned across
the sky, and amazingly, passed right through my camera's field of view,
lingering while the debris train swept up and out of view. In addition, the sky
was also very busy swarming with countless man made satellites. The asteroid is
the bright object at left moving down the screen."