[pasmembers] Re: Weather today Thursday

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 22:03:32 +0000

Sorry - working down near Cactus and Scottsdale inside. Can't really help for
an hour or so.

Sent using
CloudMagic<https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=5.1.5&pv=4.4.4>

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:48 PM, Terri
<starstuff@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Here's a strange request.

Eric, up where you are, right now, Scottsdale, go outside, what do you see?
Which way are the clouds coming from and going?

Don, do the same from Chandler, please.

Bob, BMC, what do you see.

Let's gather visual info on this situation.

I'd like to call this event on or off soon. I'm doing my 2013 taxes and i'm on
a roll. That doesn't happen often, so i really want to take advantage of
getting back to it while i feel up to doing it. I've had a migraine, probably
due to this storm, since Sunday night. Today, i feel pretty good, so I want to
get this done.

What can YOU tell me about the weather for tonight?
And right now, where you are?
All input is welcome.

My peep outside shows clear skies, a few light clouds on the horizon to the
East. But i can't see to the horizon all the way around due to building in the
way.

Now, if i was basing tonight's event on NOW's weather, i'd say have the event,
but if you guys are seeing a bad forecast for tonight, and because i remember
what i saw on the news this morning... they said clearer today, but by
afternoon & evening, the clouds will build up again, and it is possible to have
isolated thunderstorms.

So, i'm not sure what to do.

Thank you all for your input.
Let me know if we should cancel based on what you see on the weather sites. My
weather station says rain today. Doesn't designate morning, noon or night, just
a big black rain cloud with rain drops on today's forecast.

Terri

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Terri
<starstuff@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
Bob, what do you see AT BMC today? Thank you!

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 8:49 AM, Robert Ewing
<rrewing9@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:rrewing9@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
HI all. I will be glad to give you a first hand report from PVCC BM this
afternoon....  I have a class there starting at 12:30........forecasts I've
seen don't look very god at this point.......

Bob E

On Thu, Sep 18, 2014 at 7:23 AM, Eric Steinberg
<eric@xxxxxxxxxx<mailto:eric@xxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
For NOAA at BMC I see 50% cloud with 20% POP and a dew-point of  65.  I don't
have any dew heaters on my scopes, so it doesn't sound encouraging.

Skippy shows clear of clouds but very poor transparency (<50%) which means a
lot of water vapor, murk and thin stuff.  They also show very high dew risk
(levels similar to Florida).

It gets better by 11pm, but looks pretty iffy...

Eric