[pasmembers] Re: Weather fir Friday

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 18:23:18 +0000

Check the transparency on SkippySky. Not so hot!

Sent using
CloudMagic<https://cloudmagic.com/k/d/mailapp?ct=pa&cv=5.1.5&pv=4.4.4>

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 10:45 AM, William Finch
<psychogilgamesh@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:psychogilgamesh@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

I wonder if people are drunk when forecasting the weather

Skippy Sky shows clear
http://www.skippysky.com.au/NorthAmerica/

Weather Underground
Rain from 3pm to 6pm. CLEAR from 6pm to 9pm. Then back to rain from 9pm to
Midnight
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=surprise%2C+az

Weather Channel shows as odd of a results as Weather Underground but different
times
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/graph/Surprise+AZ+85374:4:US?pagenum=2&nextbeginIndex=6

AccuWeather
shows partly cloudy till 10pm then a chance of rain
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/surprise-az/85378/hourly-weather-forecast/2132936?hour=18

Oh and channel Five says that we have a front headed in and are going to get
rain but of course no times.

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 2:28 AM, Don Boyd
<azphotog@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
I think we are screwed for tomorrow...There is a cold front just on the AZ Cal
border...which will become a stationary front and probably not move very much
for the next few days. Right now there is a high pressure zone over Phoenix
which is keeping the clouds away, but this is forecast to give way to a low
pressure zone over Phoenix in the next 12 to 24 hours, which will bring the
clouds and maybe rain.

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:25 PM, Alex Vrenios
<axv@xxxxxxx<mailto:axv@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

I was watching the report on TV. They said the chance of rain increased
dramatically after 5pm Friday. I checked Intellicast just now and it agrees,
but the change time is 1pm. My guess is that the "storm" will probably be here
Friday evening.

No matter what time the rain actually starts (if it even does start), the skies
will very likely be overcast Friday evening. As I see it, that's the weather
report we're interested in.

Alex

On Sep 25, 2014, at 10:48 PM, Terri
<starstuff@xxxxxxxxx<mailto:starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

2 of the. 3 weather sites i just checked say 80% chance of rain Friday evening.

Sent from my TARDIS via my Galaxy III phone complete with typos for your
enjoyment.