[pasmembers] Re: Weather Watchers needed for Wednesday Jan 30 5pm to 9pm

  • From: Don Boyd <azphotog@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 17:34:38 -0700

Tomorrow night looks good with winds of 3 with gusts of 6.

On 1/29/2013 3:27 PM, Terri wrote:
I heard the breeze was going to get in the way of a calm evening,
but I don't recall if that was for tonight or tomorrow night.

Weather Watchers, please give me an update on
the cloud cover, the wind speeds, especially gusts of wind,
and anything else you think might cancel tomorrow, Wednesday
night's event. Thanks so much.

And thank you Darlene for your info below.
Have a super day!

        From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
        To: "Terri Finch" <events@xxxxxxxxx>
        Date: Monday, January 28, 2013, 7:59 PM

        Good morning PAS Members and Weather Watchers,

        If you are able to, I need weather watchers for this Wednesday's
        event at Cholla Middle School

        Address of school is
        3120 W Cholla St Phoenix AZ 85029

        We are scheduled from 6pm to 8pm, but set up is 5pm. Falling
        rain is not good for set up, so i'm asking everyone to monitor
        the weather for me for 5pm to 9pm (allowing time for packing up).

        My cat that tells me if rain is coming, says that in 3 days
        time, it will
        rain again. He's going nuts running all over the place, up and
        down
        the stairs, and that usually means that there will be a storm
        coming
        our way within 3 days, so Thursday would be the prediction.
        However,
        he has been known to tell me about it 2 days in advance... So,
        if you can monitor the weather and send your forecasts to me,
        especially if you see anything that will cancel Wednesday's
        star party,
        please send them my way. Updates are always welcome with Weather
        updates that could affect an event.

        Have a super day!
        Thanks in advance for all the updates.
        In your update, tell me if you would do this event based on what
        you see in the weather forecast. Thanks.

        Terri, Event Coordinator for PAS
        *//*Good friends are like stars. You don't always
        Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/>
        Event Coordinator
        Visit the P.A.S. Blog <http://pasaz-digest.blogspot.com/> & My
        Facebook
        Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
        <http://betterfly.com/profile.php?user=MusicByTerri-2>