[pasmembers] Re: Weather Watchers Sign up for this group

  • From: "" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "insanas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2014 16:51:55 -0400

Terri, I got your email. Sam

-----Original Message-----
From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, Sep 16, 2014 1:48 pm
Subject: [pasmembers] Re: Weather Watchers Sign up for this group

Redacted sender

That is what we are trying to get rid of on Sam's account with the PASMembers
list serv

Redacted sender

He wasn't redacted, and i can't seem to solve the issue.
But if Sam is getting the emails, then i guess it doesn't matter much.

Sam, reply if you get this. Just to be sure you are on the list.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 5:23 PM, Alex Vrenios <axv@xxxxxxx> wrote:

I am receiving Sam's post via pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx.

Alex

On Sep 15, 2014, at 5:07 PM, (Redacted sender "insanas@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
<dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Test reply from Sam

From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 12:25 PM
Subject: Weather Watchers Sign up for this group
To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

I can turn the Weather Watcheres into a SIG, and only they get the requests to
send weather updates through the list.

Would that work for everone?

So, sign up if you want to be part of the Weather Watching list. I will create
the group within gmail, rather than through a list serv, and the initial email
will go out for a request for weather updates, and then it is up to the weather
watchers to post to the PASmembers list, so that all members receive the
updates.

let's see how many Weather Watchers we have, and then divide up the list. I
definitely want 1 or 2 just doing Skippy Sky. I notice i get different readings
from different PAS Members about what Skippy Sky is telling us, so 2 people on
that one.

We have these weather sites. Add to the list if you know of more of them that
give us fairly good info about the weather.

This list is compiled from the info received from Sam and Alex's research about
weather sites and the accuracy

Intellicast
NOAA
Clear SKy
Skippy Sky
TWC
Weather Underground
Weather Bug
Accuweather

There are 8 sites.
I tend to look at Weather Underground because i've learned how to read it with
some accuracy. But that doesnt mean i want to rely on what i see and read from
it. Everyone's input is helpful.

So, I know we have
Alex
Sam
Don
Eric

who do a great job of keeping me updated.
Who else wants to be part of this team?

To do the weather forecasting, we need someone who can send updates when asked,
so you should be in your email at least the day before and the day of an event.
And one update a day is fine, if it isn't the DAY OF the event. On the DAY OF
the event, more updates are usually asked for if the weather proves to be
uncooperative with our event for that day.

I'm not saying you need to be in your email every day, but if an event is on
Saturday and Saturday is the day you can't get in your email, then you might
not be able to send a forecast when needed, such as this last Saturday.

This is a volunteer option. But, it does get you an NSN certificate at the next
Awards Ceremony, as something outreach you did for the club. So, even if you
don't attend any outreach events, the Weather Watchers do get a certificate and
congratulated.

Sign up requires you just reply to this email as I want to be a Weather
Watcher, and we will see how many we get, and from there, we will decide to
divide up the weather sites that are available to look up weather on, right
now.

Sign up today. Thanks
Terri

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 10:37 AM, Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I notice Accuweather has changed their Thursday forecast from "Thunderstorms"
to "Tropical Storm Odie".  Looks bad.  Saturday looks OK, of course way too
early to tell.

Hey, can I make a suggestion re: weather watching?  We have a good number of
people who can do this.  How about designating two willing WW's for each event
who will provide the updates?  That way there's not a flood of emails, just
timely reports.  They could split the six or eight sources between them to make
it easier and limit redundancy, but still get a broad forecast picture.

Seem like a good idea?

Eric