[pasmembers] Re: Weather Watchers Sign up for this group

  • From: Alex Vrenios <axv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 12:40:57 -0700

For newcomers, here are the links I use:

        http://www.intellicast.com/Local/Weather.aspx?location=USAZ0166

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=33.4483771&lon=-112.07403729999999&site=all&smap=1&searchresult=Phoenix%2C%20AZ%2C%20USA#.VBc-50t3Wrr

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=phoenix%2C+az

http://weather.weatherbug.com/AZ/Phoenix-weather/local-forecast/7-day-forecast.html?zcode=z6286

> Accuweather

http://weather.weatherbug.com/AZ/Phoenix-weather/local-forecast/7-day-forecast.html?zcode=z6286

As you can see, I only frequent five of the eight. Feel free to customize my
links for your own purposes.

Generally speaking, the location field is near the top-left should you want to
change from central Phoenix to Carefree, for example. The "format" you usually
want to use is HOURLY. Most sites only forecast two and a half days into the
future. Considering the nature of the atmosphere, longer range forecasts are
pretty much unreliable.

Some of these sites are tricky to customize/navigate. I will be happy to answer
any questions you may have, if I can.

Alex