[pasmembers] Re: Washington school Friday Mar 2 Winds

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Mar 2012 11:42:35 -0800 (PST)

If you could make it, Tim and Bob, would you, with these winds?

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook
Private Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
Healthy, Wealthy & Wise with Acai Berry

>________________________________

PM
>>>To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>>>Subject: [pasmembers] Re: Washington school Friday
Mar 2 Winds

>>>Is it
possible for the winds to die down by tonight, enough to have a successful
event? What does your forecasts say?
>>>Terri
>>>
>>>Good friends are like stars. You don't always
>>>see them, but you always know they are there.
>>>Terri Phoenix Astronomical
Society Event Coordinator
>>>Visit the P.A.S.
Blog & My Facebook
>>>Private
Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
>>>Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
with Acai Berry

>>>________________________________

AM
>>>Subject: [pasmembers] Re: Washington school Friday
Mar 2 Winds

>>>We're seeing
gusts over 30MPH at my place right now (working from home).  They knocked
over my patio table.

2012, at 10:40 AM, Bob Christ wrote:

>>>The winds
will seriously degrade the seeing - so expect bright objects to look like
celestial kaleidoscopes given the scope remains upright.

2012, at 10:14 AM, insanas@xxxxxxx wrote:

>>>Terri,
NOAA indicated 16 mph winds with gusts to 24 mph until 8 pm, then only 13 mph
winds. It may be possible to set up just south of the school buildings since
the winds are to be out of the north. That may give us somewhat of a wind
break. The main objects we will be looking at are the moon, jupiter, venus and
orion nebula, so a blocked Northern view won't hurt. We will have problems
polar aligning, but with 500 people, we will probably only have one object per
scope and they will be easy to find. If you decide to go ahead, we need to make
sure all our scopes that rsvp'd will show. I don't want another year like last
year when Frank and I were the only scopes with 500 people, it was very
stressful. I am willing to try it tonight, but everyone needs to commit. If
there is swirling dust, we just won't unload the cars.  Anyway, let
everyone know if it is cancelled or not. Take care, Sam