[pasmembers] Tonight's Meeting of the Minds Topics in the order of presentation - More input reqeusted

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2015 12:05:49 -0700

Good morning PAS Members,

I'd like to introduce the MOM"s Agenda for tonight.
Please note the breaks, and the topics.
If you have something to add to this list, please
send it over, so we can have everything we need
ready for discussion and laid out in front of us.

I'm looking for input, of topics and subtopics to talk about.
I want to break this down so that everything is discussed tonight, if
possible.

If we have any topics that are tossed over to another meeting, please note,
beginning of March is the first date we can do that is NOT a Thursday. Mar
28 is a Friday and we can meet at a Village Inn or Mike's house, or
something. Mike's house would be a great place to do a MOM"s, make it
private, include pizza maybe provided by PAS for the meeting? Just an idea.

If we want to borrow PVCC for another meeting in Room LS-205, the next date
available would be Possibly Apr 16, unless that turns out to be a BMC,
which is what we have scheduled but not confirmed. After that would be June
4.

So, if we can accomplish all topics before departing tonight, even if all
we do is open up the ideas, and talk about them, and maybe not resolve all
of them, then we have a great start and can schedule the next MOM's later
in the year.

Here's the outline. Don't print this page yet. Let me finish and send you
the final copy later today. I'm looking for input for what we may not have
included in this list. Your input is requested and appreciated.

Terri, Event Coordinator

*Feb 12 MOM's AGENDA*

*General Members Discussion*

   -

   Eric: Stipend for Event Coordinator
   -

   Alex: Separate Star Tours Funded Sig
    -

      Separate the Star Tours (and perhaps the public event
      responsibilities as well) into an internally funded SIG. The Vice
      President's job would be mostly about getting speakers and running the
      monthly meetings, as an unpaid volunteer position that is elected by the
      membership, as it is now. The Events SIG Chair would be a paid position,
      perhaps appointed by the President. My only concern is how this SIG
      construct might affect the organization's non-profit status.
      -

      How to Pay for Sig (Charge hiring company?)
      -

      Amount of Pay

   -

   William: Stipend for Weather Watchers
   -

   Howard: Status of Meet Up
   -

   Mike: Treasurer's Report

   -

   Kevin: Execution of ALL Star Parties for the benefit of the attendees
    -

      Attending scopes identify assigned objects at the start to ensure no
      doubling up of objects.
      -

      Those with higher powered scopes should be selecting more difficult
      objects to see (11 inch scope showing Orion nebula or a naked eye object?)
      -

      Arrival of EVERYONE by the assigned time (looks more professional)
      -

      When Volunteers accompany the star tours member, establish guidelines
      for behavior of the helpers (and match dress code)
       -

   Sam: Volunteers at Star Parties

       -

   Terri: Dress Code for all events (varies depending on event)
   http://www.pasaz.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2373#post2372
    -

      Schools & Scouts
      -

      Private Events
      -

      Public Events
      -

      Corporate Parties
      -

      Volunteer's Dress Code

 10 minute Break & General Members may leave

 *Star Tours Members Discussion*

   -

   Sam: Rotation List
    -

      Which kind of events are on the list, from Feb 12 forward?
      -

      Corporate, Private, Pay over $100?
      -

      Vote on whether to have rotation list or not
      -

      If you land the job, you get first priority to take it
       -

         Rick
         -

         Roger
         -

         Eric
         -

         Terry
         -

         Don
         -

         Earl
         -

         Sam
         -

         William
         -

         Kevin
         -

         Bruce
         -

         Howard
         -

         Pete
          -

      The date next to the name will be the event that was scheduled to be
      covered by that ST Member. If it becomes canceled, that member moves back
      to the top of the list.
      -

      Back up scopes – who gets on the list? And then do they move off the
      Rotation list to the bottom, if they take the job (in place of the main
      scope)?
      -

       -

   Sam: Role of RSVP at Star Parties
    -

      Choose the set up location if it isn't already chosen by me
      -

      Be the one person for the hiring company to be in contact with, so if
      changes need to be made, they only have to talk to the RSVP.
      -

      RSVP collects the monies / checks and give them to Mike or Terri
      -

      They take over as RSVP the morning of the event, and should have on
      them the Hiring Contacts name, email and phone (provided in the Private
      Forums. They only contact the Hiring Client IF needed, by phone, such as
      arriving at a school and the main gate is locked.
      -

      They can, at Larger Parties, do introductions. Hi, I'm ___ with the
      Phoenix Astronomical Society and this is ___, ____, etc... with
the Hiring
      Client.
      -

      RSVP also keeps in touch with Terri via phone text, and provides
      photos of event set up, if requested. RSVP should report that Telescope
      Team has all arrived and then at the end of the event, maybe
text how event
      went. And it would be great to get a review written by the RSVP,
if not all
      attendees.
      -

      All Telescope Team Members follow the lead of the RSVP for the event.
      They have been put in charge of the event, and if they ask you to do
      something, please do it.

   -

   Borrowing PAS's Insurance (24 hour notice to Terri & Mike)
   http://www.pasaz.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2373#post2373

   -

   Sam: Contacting resorts and other entities to drum up Star Tour business
    -

      “What we can provide at your event” page

   -

   Sam: Cloudy Sky Presentations for pay
    -

      Kevin Witts
       -

         Sun
         -

         Moon
         -

         Solar System
         -

         Night Sky
          -

      Mike
       -

         Meteorites

   -

   Terri: Presentations to schools – daytime presentations for pay
    -

      Provide Terri with Presentation titles & brief paragraph explanation
      & age level

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook