[pasmembers] Re: Thursday event - items shown list for newsletter

  • From: insanas@xxxxxxx
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 20:32:07 -0400 (EDT)

Terri, Frank showed the moon and Pleideas to kids in his small refractor. I
showed a close up of the craters of the moon, venus, jupiter, mars, and saturn.
I invited about dozen friends and relatives to come, but them called them off
two hours before the event because of the bad clouds. However, one of my
friends, Jerry Cochran, still came with his wife, daughter, son in law, and
grandaughter. They all had a great time seeing the above objects, plus Orion
Nebula in Eric's scope, and seeing the meteorites.  The granddaugher loved what
Terri was doing and the prize she won (a small red light). It was a rough
night, however, since most of the time the clouds made for poor seeing, but
once in a while an object looked pretty good.  Sam