[pasmembers] This Saturday's event at Mike's - rain or shine - unless it floods

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2015 10:54:11 -0700

Mom's = Meeting of the Minds (PAS Business Meeting)

Good morning PAS Members,

We have a Meeting of the Minds this Saturday at Mike's home with a 5:30
potluck, the Meeting of the minds about 7pm, and then a Dark sky viewing
session for PAS Members and their immediate families only. No Guests.

For the Meeting of the Minds... if you have a topic that needs to be
discussed, please feel free to send it my way.

We have the General Membership MOM's in September, and this MOM's, this
Saturday, is aimed more towards a quick vote - which is why all PAS Members
are invited to attend, and then open it up to a discussion between the Star
Tour Members about the upcoming Luminaria events.

During the Star Tours discussion, the General Membership, if they do not
wish to join in the discussion, may move to the kitchen and enjoy more
food, have desert, or start setting up their scopes for the star party.
But all Star Tours members should attend the Star Tours discussion.

Right now, other than the vote, which is very needed, the General Members
have no specific topics to discuss, so if you want to talk about the club,
or anything, in general, please send me your topics so I can put them into
the Agenda and we can get through the meeting quickly and on to the Star
Party, for which I know you will attend this dark sky event.

Now, at the top of this page, in the Subject line, i added, rain or shine.
The potluck & MOM's will happen rain or shine, unless it is flooding Mike's
house. Yesterday, my awesome Weather Watching Team sent me an update for
the forecast for Saturday's event at Mike's, as far as the star party goes,
and it looks like we may have clouds for some part of the night. It didn't
look like overcast, but it does seem like clouds will come and go
throughout the night. This hasn't stopped us from having a very successful
event, in the past, at Mike's. So, bring your family, and if you want to
bring your scope, do so... and let's have a super evening together.

Your input in the vote is requested. We are voting in a Secretary of the
club. This is an office position. The PAS Member who is voted in as
Secretary will take the Minutes of the Meetings (the MOM's - not the
General meetings) and provide a copy of the Minutes to the General members
by email before the next MOM's so they can be approved.
Up until now, the Minutes of the Meetings have always been included as part
of the review I write about the Mom's. We are just making it more official
and the minutes may be listed on the website in the future, as a separate
document for PAS Members to review.

If you can not make this Meeting of the Minds, you may send in your proxy
vote to me. I will bring those votes to the meeting. Please get them to me
by *end of day today*.

We need to nominate a Secretary of the Club, and then vote to have them
become the Secretary. If you have a nominee, or just want to go with the
rest of the members votes, let me know. I will carry your vote to the
meeting.

PS: I am running for Secretary, in case you just want to help the vote.
Thanks. It was mentioned that I already do this position, when writing the
reviews of the meetings, so why not have me continue, but with the Title.

Everyone have a spectacular day and an astronomical weekend!

When you RSVP in the private calendar to attend, please include the food
you are bringing to the potluck. We have a super successful event last
weekend at Mike's, with all sorts of fun foods, and because the list was
right there, everyone enjoyed the foods, knew what others were bringing and
we had no duplicates. It was a fantastic meal!!!

Terri, Vice President until September, but still Event Coordinator, and
running for Secretary.

Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook