[pasmembers] Re: Sign up for Paid star parties - discusssion

  • From: Eric Steinberg <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2014 22:36:57 +0000

Hi –

First of all I think it’s an excellent (and overdue) idea.  First though, I
would say unequivocally that a person unable to do a specific event should be
put back at the TOP of the list.  Putting them at the bottom seems highly
punitive since people who decline paying jobs usually do so for very good
reasons.  The other way, if for some reason you can’t do a job, it may be a
very long time before you get one again.  That’s not fair.

Secondly, if we are going to have a rotation, EVERYONE should be in it.  I know
I am not the only one who is frustrated at seeing “Job X, $100 per scope, etc.”
along with “A, B and C are taking this job” before it’s even opened for RSVP’s.

I agree, of course, the specific customer requests should be honored.

Otherwise, again, great idea, Sam.

Thanks,
Eric