[pasmembers] Re: Scope Rentals?

  • From: Alex Vrenios <axv@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 11:45:58 -0700

Terri,

The "agreement" is probably a good idea in the long run.

For the record, however, I looked her up online and found out that she works in
Seattle as an accountant. She is a past president of the Seattle Astronomical
Society and is currently one of their trustees.

SAS has a similar arrangement with their members regarding loaner scopes. All
of their scopes are loaned out except two. One is a solar, like William's, and
the other had a bad GPS card. Contacting us (and SAC and EVAC?) was probably a
last resort.

She doesn't look like much of a risk to me :)

Alex