[pasmembers] Re: Pluto

  • From: Terri <starstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PAS Members ListServ <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jul 2015 15:35:09 -0700

Wow, this is awesome. Does this mean Pluto could actually still be a
planet? Bring Back Pluto!!!

On Tue, Jul 14, 2015 at 7:15 PM, insanas <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

Terri, Pluto is a little larger than previously thought, and is bigger
than any kuiper belt object. It has more moons than thought, it has a
yellowish orangeish color. No geysers have been detected. A lot more data
will be released over the next 24 hours. This is from the NASA TV channel.
Sam

From: Alex Vrenios <axv@xxxxxxx>
Date: 07/13/2015 5:58 PM (GMT-07:00)
To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pasmembers] Pluto

I have the Pluto Safari app on my iPad and one of the options is to
register a personal opinion as to whether Pluto is, or is not a planet.
Many of you know how I feel. I just got an email from them that included
the following paragraph:

"After nearly 7,000 votes, the majority of you - 69% - voted "Yes" to
Pluto is a planet. As new images of Pluto are released by NASA's New
Horizons spacecraft, we have noticed that more 'Yes' votes are being cast,
with some even coming back to change their original 'No' votes.”

Nuf said,

Alex

Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society <http://www.pasaz.org/> Event Manager
Visit the P.A.S. Facebook
Visit my Music Page: Private Music Instructor
<http://www.MusicLessonsbyTerri.com> & Music Facebook