[pasmembers] Navajo party weather updates

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:36:19 -0800 (PST)

Eric, I agree with you and Bob,
let's hang in there, keep  sending the reports.

I would normally just give up on a school
and cancel, if everyone was sure the weather
we were seeing was possibly going to make a mess of the event.

however, there is still doubt. Last night turned out to be so good
and clear, and i believe it said cloudy for last night. I could be wrong
but i thought i read that or saw it or someone sent it my way.

but this event, having 8 of our scope operators, and we are questioning
if we are doing the event. I think we ought to stick it out,
find out the situation for sure, and make a final decision around 3pm.
we have 2.5 hours left.

of course I'm monitoring all the input instead of getting other things
done today, but i guess i can get that stuff done tomorrow, instead.

Hope everyone is having a fine day. It sure is nice outside.
still don't' see clouds getting in the way.

The other thing is the contact needs time to order the pizza and
get the water, etc. ... before she has to be to the school for the
evening event.  so we can't wait too long.

but if we call it too soon, as canceled, then if it clears up
we have missed the opportunity to enhance this group of
800+ people with our love of astronomy!

i'm being torn in all directions over this event.

Terri

>________________________________

I’d go with Bob and wait as long as we can…

>________________________________

12:22 PM
>To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>Subject: [pasmembers] Re: Navajo
party weather

>Those
Clouds do not sound good.
>Should
we stick it out until about noon
>before
we call it or consider it canceled?
>input
please.

>Good friends are like stars. You don't always
>see them, but you always know they are there.
>Terri Phoenix Astronomical Society Event Coordinator
>Visit the P.A.S.
Blog & My Facebook
>Private
Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
>Healthy, Wealthy & Wise
with Acai Berry

10:16 AM
>Subject: [pasmembers] Re: Navajo
party weather

>Attached is
the cloud cover chart from Intellicast.  NWS shows 57%; Accuweather has
67% dropping to 45% at 7pm.