[pasmembers] Navajo party weather

  • From: Terri <cosmicstarstuff@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2012 11:10:18 -0800 (PST)

Navajo School Telescope Team:

Just to answer something Albert mentions below,
The school is having their event, with or without us.
We can call it on or off as late as 4pm, because
they will have their event, and i just have to call
Diana to let her know.

I posted what Diana told me yesterday, about
the exciting time she had one year where there
were warnings that no one should leave their
home, but yet they had an awesome turnout that
night, even in the rain.

http://www.pasaz.org/forums/showthread.php?p=1700#post1700

Read about it in the forums.

So, we are only secondary to the event. If we cancel,
it doesn't mess up their event.

So, let's hold out a little longer to make sure
we are doing it or canceling it, based on the
weather.
The weather is being very unpredictable for the
time we are there. I"d rather cancel, knowing
that we NEED TO CANCEL, rather than
we canceled, and now the skies have cleared up.
Many events have happened that way. It's a
bummer, too.

set up is 5pm. So if we make the final decision
say around 3pm, we should be fine. That should
be enough time for me to load the car, and then
take off when William gets home.

Keep the updates coming in. They have been very
helpful.

After today's event goes past, the next event
up for weather discussion is going to be between
those attending the Saturday Antenna's star party
with Eric as RSVP for that event. Send your
weather updates to him. I don't have a zip code
for that area, maybe someone can send that my way,
or cross streets so that you can get a more accurate
weather forecast... thanks.

And many thanks to all of you who have been participating
in this conversation.

Visit the P.A.S. Blog & My Facebook
Private Music Instructor, Ascent Vending Company
Healthy, Wealthy & Wise with Acai Berry