[pasmembers] Re: Life Beyond Earth

  • From: Robert Ewing <rrewing9@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pasmembers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 19:53:47 -0700

Hey. Bob Ewing here, from PVCC.....

I have always had a difficult time with the comet theory as well, because,
the Earth has been outgassing for 4 billion years plus; (ie: volcanic
activity); so there had to be primordial water inside the Earth from it's
formation from the solar nebula;  although maybe in the form of vapor.
H2O is actually a very common molecule in space. But, the Earth has been
struck by many comets as well, so certainly some of the water has come from
them ......hard to say what %

Volcanoes emit steam (water) as the primary gas. CO 2 is usually second.

There are hydrated minerals too and maybe some of these have been recycled
inside the Earth over time, as has sediment containing water (marine). When
this material is melted inside the Earth they would release the water as
steam...

Complicated issue!

:-)

Bob